qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] Virtio-net: Support RSS

From: Sameeh Jubran
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] Virtio-net: Support RSS
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 12:52:15 +0300

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Jason Wang <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2018年08月30日 22:27, Sameeh Jubran wrote:
>>
>> From: Sameeh Jubran <address@hidden>
>>
>> This series implements the Steering Mode feature which was introduced on
>> the
>> virtio-dev list a while ago, which can be found here:
>> * https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-dev/201805/msg00024.html
>>
>> The first three patches add some infrastructure support that is used in
>> the following three patches.
>>
>> The ebpf filter doesn't fully work yet as I'm having an issue with the
>> verifier which needs to be fixed.
>

> What issues did you meet? You can attach a trace buffer and get verbose
> debug information from that. Btw, dpdk use cls bpf and we use socket filter.
I am using the buffer for debugging actually, I keep getting back edge
from two consecutive instructions
in the instruction array which I have no idea how to troubleshoot! The
instructions are generated from the
compiled code which compiles okay.
This didn't happen to me earlier and I have actually succeeded in
inserting the bpf instructions with no issues.

>> The patches still need some love as not all of the cases have been handled
>> yet most of the functionality has been implemented.
>

> One question is how indirection table is implemented, I thought it should be
> a map but looks not. Please see comment on patch 6.
No it is a hash table.

--
Respectfully,
Sameeh Jubran