[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1496712] Re: no bootable device after qemu-img convert
[Qemu-devel] [Bug 1496712] Re: no bootable device after qemu-img convert parallels windows 2012 r2 to raw/qcow2
Wed, 05 Sep 2018 08:53:01 -0000
Looking through old bug tickets... can you still reproduce this issue
with the latest *upstream* version of QEMU? Or could we close this
ticket nowadays? (or in case you want to get support for qemu-img from
Ubuntu instead, please use the "qemu" Ubuntu package as target, not the
"qemu" project target)
** Changed in: qemu
Status: New => Incomplete
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.
no bootable device after qemu-img convert parallels windows 2012 r2 to
Status in QEMU:
We have converted a parallels windows 2012 R2 image with the command
qemu-img convert -p -f parallels -O raw
Afterthat we have created a new entry with virtual machine manager and
used this raw-hdd file as "import existing disk image"
Then we booted this virtual server and we got the error
"Booting from Hard Disk"
"no Bootable device"
Test 1: we also tried to "overwrite" the windows server drive
1. Create a vm with windows 2012 r2 (W2K12R2) with virtual machine manager.
Which runs good
2. Then we mounted in the command line the "no bootable device" server as
source (raw image)
mount /ev/mapper/loop0p4 /mnt/source
3. Then we mounted the new created (W2K12R2) as target (raw image)
mount /ev/mapper/loop1p2 /mnt/target
4. with the copy command we have overwritten all files on the windows drive
rsync -av --delete /mnt/source/* /mnt/target/
5. reboot the server and we have a blue screen and it tells me something
"your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart ...... If you'd like to
know more, you can search online later for this error:
Test 2: We also did a qemu-img convert from an ubuntu 14.04 disk and
this works perfect.
Thanks a lot
PS: Installation of Host-Server uses: ubuntu vivid 15.04 with
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Qemu-devel] [Bug 1496712] Re: no bootable device after qemu-img convert parallels windows 2012 r2 to raw/qcow2,
Thomas Huth <=