qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fuzzing

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fuzzing
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 16:48:00 +0100

Catena cyber <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I am not asking for any specific action.
> I just wanted to let you know about this fuzzing work of mine, in case that
> proves helpful to qemu.
> Have you been fuzzing qemu ? And more specifically the code for the
> different architectures arm, sparc, etc…

I can't speak for all the architectures but we certainly have done a
fair amount of random instruction testing against the ARM architectures
(using RISU). This caught a bunch of errors during the AArch64
development and the SVE extension. The failure you found in arm looks
like something that had already been picked up but our arm testing
hasn't been as comprehensive.

Of course the RISU testing still follows patterns - so I guess totally
random inputs might throw up a few more edge cases.

--
Alex Bennée