qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] First RISC-V Patch Set for the 3.1 Soft Freeze

From: Michael Clark
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] First RISC-V Patch Set for the 3.1 Soft Freeze
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 01:54:01 +1300

Any patches intended for the RISC-V port should go through the maintainer
tree. I have been pretty clear that I would like to run regression tests. I
do not wish to pull surprises in via master. I also do not agree with this
random patch approach. It's all well and good for inactive maintainers to
pop up now, but we were not getting our patches reviewed. The riscv-qemu
tree is actively managed and we rebase and test at release time. I don't
like the idea of busted stuff getting into the tree with patch churn
correcting it. In any case we disagree regards process. Please don't break
any of the branches in the riscv-qemu repository. I have scripts to tag our
stable branches there (we got positive feedback from Karsten on the
"series"). You are adding risk to the process. Fine. You are in charge.
Don't break stuff.