qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Correction needed for R5900 instruction decoding

From: Aleksandar Markovic
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Correction needed for R5900 instruction decoding
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 15:03:23 +0000

Hi, Fredrik.

> From: Fredrik Noring <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Correction needed for R5900 instruction decoding
>
> Hi Aleksandar,
>
> > It is now code freeze before 3.1, the code base is being stabilized, and
> > only important fixes are allowed to be integrated - so, in that light, a
> > separate patch, or a small series, that addresses only concerns from the
> > original mail of this thread is needed. Such series should not contain any
> > additional features (like your v2 of the series "Amend..." does), and its
> > patch titles should look like "Fix decoding mechanism of ..." or such.
> >
> > Could you please provide those appropriate changes in that format?
>
> I certainly could, but why not simply apply patch 1 and 2 in the posted
> v2 series and leave the rest for later?

How do you know patches 1 and 2 will and should be applied? You jump to
conclusions. Also, a basic rule while analyzing problems and their solutions is
to avoid and omit irrelevant parts.

> The only difference in a repost would be the cover letter.

Not true, I asked for different titles, and I may ask for something else - a
lot of things can change. For example, I think a separate
decode_opc_special_legacy() for R5900 is needed, I don't see that in your
series.

Thanks,
Aleksandar