qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The error from compiling QEMU statically

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The error from compiling QEMU statically
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 11:28:53 +0000

On 7 November 2018 at 08:43, wj193102 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
> I want to compile QEMU statically. But when I make the soure files, I get the
> error messages. Please help me to resolve them.
> Now I will tell you the steps what I do.
> (1)$ cd qemu-3.0.0
> (2)$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --static

Note that static compilation is only really supported for
building the linux-user emulators, not for the system
emulators. So it's best to pass configure options to tell
it to only build the linux-user emulators, like
--disable-system --disable-tools

(1)/block/file-posix.c:1945: Error: There is an unknown field
'prealloc' in the initializer;
(2)/block/file-posix.c:1946: Error: There is an unknown field 'errp'
in the initializer.

Which compiler is this? Google provides no hits for
this error message, which suggests you're using something
weird, rather than gcc or clang.

thanks
-- PMM