qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI

From: Ed Maste
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 13:25:52 -0500

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 05:23, Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd encourage you to loook at installing as many deps as possible to
> maximise the coverage. eg gnutls, nettle, spice, and anything else that
> is relevant

I've now added: bison curl cyrus-sasl fontconfig freetype2 gnutls
nettle png usbredir
I think this should give a decent starting point and can post a patch
to add .cirrus.yml, then someone in the GitHub qemu organization would
have to add Cirrus CI for it to start running when commits happen.

> Are the Cirrus CI environments SMP ? If so adding a -j flag would
> give much improved build times.

For FreeBSD Cirrus CI spins up a VM (it doesn't run the test in a
jail/container) and supports a configurable CPU count. I changed it to
specify 8 vCPUs and ran a -j8 build/test in about 15 minutes - here's
a link to the run: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6214818623127552