qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG

From: Nick Renieris
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 15:43:59 +0200

>> Do you think this could work as a GSoC project? I'm potentially
>> interested in working on it this summer.

>Could be.  My first guess is something like 4 months work for this.

Four months full-time? If so I would say it's not viable for a GSoC
project (it's 3 months), I've done the 12-hours-a-day-crunch thing for
a week or so in GSoC 2017 and it was _not_ fun.
Also, I hope you meant four months for me, not for you - I'm
completely new to the QEMU codebase. I expect it will take me weeks
just to understand x86's 'translate.c' (who thought it'd be a good
idea to put all this stuff in _one_ file?).

Another question, are there existing discussions about this
refactoring effort or specifically AVX? I asked a similar question on
IRC a few days ago and got no answers.

Στις Τετ, 26 Δεκ 2018 στις 4:12 π.μ., ο/η Richard Henderson
<address@hidden> έγραψε: