qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG

From: Nick Renieris
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AVX support for TCG
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 23:43:45 +0200

Right, that makes sense, thanks for the explanations. As someone with
very little x86 experience (zero experience from this perspective)
it's kind of daunting that I'd have to refactor all this stuff. All
these helpers via macros to get around C's 'minimalism' also seem like
something I'd have to get accustomed to. I will think about it.

Just curious, why is gvec-desc a bitfield instead of a normal struct?
Surely it'd be more readable that way. Also this is C, so it's not
even a typed bitfield, just a uint32. I'm guessing there's a reason
behind this?