qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Remaining CI failures

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Remaining CI failures
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:20:50 +0000

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 19:10, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> I did run the make under strace to see who is using O_NONBLOCK but even
> after filtering out a bunch of stuff it seems to be quite embedded:
>
>  ag "O_NONBLOCK" check.strace  | ag -v "/sys" | ag -v "/dev" | grep -v ".git"
> | wc -l
>  2449

The strace rune I used to track down the other O_NONBLOCK issue was
strace -o /tmp/strace.log -e fcntl,execve,clone -e signal=none -f make ...

and then looking through the strace.log for uses of O_NONBLOCK
on fds 0, 1 or 2, and backtracking those to which binary had been
exec'd to give that PID. Then I did a full strace of just
that test, and looked to check whether the 0/1/2 was really
the top-level make's stdin/stdout/stderr or whether something else
had dup'd or opened an fd there.

thanks
-- PMM