qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Flatview rendering scalability issue

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Flatview rendering scalability issue
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:19:51 +0100

On 11/03/19 10:26, Sergio Lopez wrote:
> I guess this is a consequence of having to reset/rebuild the Flatview
> when altering the PCI BAR regions.
>
> Is this a known issue we're already working on?

What version of QEMU is this?

The initialization is O(n^2) because the guest initializes one device at
a time, so you rebuild the FlatView first with 0 devices, then 1, then
2, etc.  This is very hard to fix, if at all possible.

However, each FlatView creation should be O(n) where n is the number of
devices currently configured.  Please check with "info mtree -f" that
you only have a fixed number of FlatViews.  Old versions had one per device.

Paolo