qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [build-error] possible build error at the tip of the tr

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [build-error] possible build error at the tip of the trunk? (dtc-related?)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:14:35 +0000

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 12:09, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 04:49:15PM +0000, Aleksandar Markovic wrote:
> > Hello, all
> >
> > All of the sudden, the latest code doesn't build on my host: (the code from
> > several days ago builds fine)
> >
> > Do you know what would be the culprit? Is it my environment, or a genuine
> > build error?
>
> CCing Jafar, who also hit this issue.
>
> Not sure if it has been debugged yet.  I couldn't reproduce it locally
> but was probably using a slightly older tree.

I think it is related to something going wrong with
the script that updates submodules, which fails to
actually pull in the submodule code for dtc etc.
This bug is triggered because the configure script adds
"slirp" to the list of submodules even though it is not
actually a submodule. Dan was looking at this a few days
back, IIRC.

We should fix the update script to be more robust to
being asked to update nonexistent submodules, but
we should also stop asking it to do anything with
the nonexistent 'slirp' submodule...

thanks
-- PMM