qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Maintainers, please tell us how to boot your machines!

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Maintainers, please tell us how to boot your machines!
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 19:44:43 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
I could not yet boot Linux on it but I'm interested in this machine because
I want to use it to cross-check my patches so don't drop it just yet.
Currently it seems to panic because of my newly added radeon emulation that
I need to fix:

Doesn't look like an issue in ati-vga.  It doesn't come that far that
the ati emulation code actually runs, it seems to struggle at pci
initialization.

Data bus error, epc == ffffffff80418f88, ra == ffffffff80418f68

Where does that come from?  Seems to be the root cause.

See my other message where I got to same conclusion that it's not ati-vga related (indeed I've seen similar oops with r8139 network card with a gentoo kernel as well):

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-03/msg04693.html

That's all I could find out, it might need someone with more knowledge about MIPS to tell what might be the problem.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan