qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:23:55 +0800

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 17:58, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> Fam Zheng <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> On Mar 15, 2019, at 16:57, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had installed the gitlab-runner from the Debian repo but it was out
>>> of date and didn't seem to work correctly.
>>
>> If there can be a sidecar x86 box next to the test bot, it can be the
>> controller node which runs gitlab-runner, the test script (in
>> .gitlab-ci.yml) can then sshs into the actual env to run test
>> commands.
>
> Sure although that just adds complexity compared to spinning up a box in
> the cloud ;-)

In the middle is one controller node and a number of hetergeneous boxes it
knows how to control with ssh.

(BTW patchew tester only relies on vanilla python3 to work, though clearly it
suffers from insufficient manpower assumed the SLA we'll need on the merge
test. It’s unfortunate that gitlab-runner is a binary.)

Fam