qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] running out of Arm TB flags...

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] running out of Arm TB flags...
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:46:31 +0000

Hi; for the M-profile floating point work I'm going to need I think
three new TB flags (to control whether to generate the code to do
the various independent things the pseudocode ExecuteFPCheck() function
does before executing any FP insn). Unfortunately we currently have
only 2 unused bits in the arm TB flags word.

I can see two possible ways to get the 3rd bit:
(1) overload the meaning of an existing bit which I know isn't
relevant to M-profile (eg the XSCALE_CPAR or VECLEN or VECSTRIDE bits)
(2) start defining new bits in the currently-unused cs_base word

Any preferences ?

thanks
-- PMM