qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about hostfwd IPv6 parameter

From: Hikmat Jafarli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about hostfwd IPv6 parameter
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:02:00 +0400

So I'm trying to add IPv6 support to hostfwd, as requested in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1724590

I'm not entirely sure what would be the right parameter format in case of
IPv6 support.

Current IPv4-only format is
"hostfwd=[tcp|udp]:[hostaddr]:hostport-[guestaddr]:guestport", example
usage: "qemu-system-i386 -nic user,hostfwd=tcp:127.0.0.1:6001-:6000".

I have searched through the manpages but couldn't find any other QEMU
option of the same "kind" that also supported IPv6, so there's nothing to
copy. What would be the right approach here? Should I introduce "hostfwd6"
to be used separately or should I somehow extend the current "hostfwd"
format?

Any suggestions?