qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] lists.nongnu.org was upgraded today, one issue is still

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] lists.nongnu.org was upgraded today, one issue is still being worked out
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 12:10:56 -0400

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> writes:

> The server is sending mail using a new ip which is causing a higher than
> average number of mail servers telling us to retry and send later as
> they hopefully decide we are legitimate. The only big provider doing
> this is yahoo, others are small enough that if messages aren't coming as
> normal, you should probably be able to get your email server sysadmin to
> open the pipe. Yahoo has a long history of being unfriendly to mailing
> list messages in various ways, so its not totally unusual. My plan is to
> monitor the situation and if it doesn't improve in the next day or so, I
> will give the new server its old ip and see if that fixes it.

Update: More servers decided they didn't like our new ip, so I switched
it back which seems to have fixed things. The mail queue is slowly going
down as messages are retried based on exim's prescribed waiting periods,
it should take a few hours.

Messages are accessible in the archive of course:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-06/threads.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/qemu-devel/

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF