[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/2] Add live migration support in the PVRDMA devic
[Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/2] Add live migration support in the PVRDMA device
Sat, 6 Jul 2019 09:39:38 +0530
Changes in v2:
* Modify load_dsr() such that dsr mapping is not performed if dsr value
is non-NULL. Also move free_dsr() out of load_dsr() and call it right
before if needed. These two changes will allow us to call load_dsr()
even when we have already done dsr mapping and would like to go on
with the rest of mappings.
* Use VMStateDescription instead of SaveVMHandlers to describe migration
state. Also add fields for parent PCI object and MSIX.
* Use a temporary structure (struct PVRDMAMigTmp) to hold some fields
during migration. These fields, such as cmd_slot_dma and resp_slot_dma
inside dsr, do not fit into VMSTATE macros as their container
(dsr_info->dsr) will not be ready until it is mapped on the dest.
* Perform mappings to CQ and event notification rings after the state is
loaded. This is an extension to the mappings performed in v1;
following the flow of load_dsr(). All the mappings are succesfully
done on the dest on state load.
Link(s) to v1:
Things working now (were not working at the time of v1):
* vmxnet3 is migrating successfully. The issue was in the migration of
its PCI configuration space, and is solved by the patch Marcel had sent:
* There is no problem due to BounceBuffers which were failing the dma mapping
calls in state load logic earlier. Not sure exactly how it went away. I am
guessing that adding the PCI and MSIX state to migration solved the issue.
What is still needed:
* A workaround to get libvirt to support same-host migration. Since
the problems faced in v1 (mentioned above) are out of the way, we
can move further, and in doing so, we will need this.
Sukrit Bhatnagar (2):
hw/pvrdma: make DSR mapping idempotent in load_dsr()
hw/pvrdma: add live migration support
hw/rdma/vmw/pvrdma_main.c | 104 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
1 file changed, 96 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/2] Add live migration support in the PVRDMA device,
Sukrit Bhatnagar <=