qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] more automated/public CI for QEMU pullreqs

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] more automated/public CI for QEMU pullreqs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:14:25 +0200

On 22/08/19 13:04, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 11:50, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> One-off tasks:
>>
>> 1. Create CI runners that offer similar cross-architecture coverage to
>>    Peter's current setup.  qemu.org has some x86, ppc, and s390 server
>>    resources available.  I'm not sure about ARM and other architectures.
>
> Quick list of what I currently have:
>  * freebsd/openbsd/netbsd -- these are just running the tests/vm stuff
>  * an x86-64 machine doing the w32/w64 crossbuilds
>  * aarch64
>  * aarch32 (done via chroot on an aarch64 box)
>  * osx

I was thinking of setting up a Macincloud account with a Patchew runner
for this.

>  * ppc64 (on a gcc compile farm machine)
>  * s390 (on a machine Christian arranged for project use)

Great, we could also move the Patchew tester off the Fedora machine that
is getting a bit crowded.

David, any chance you could add Docker support to ppc64 builds?  I don't
feel too comfortable doing untrusted builds inside the RH network
without any protection from containers etc.

> Of those the s390 is OK for project use. I'm not sure the gcc
> compile farm stuff is recommended for fully automatic CI, so
> if we can avoid that it would be better. Linaro can probably
> provide some arm-server resources but I haven't checked/asked yet.

Same as above for Docker support.  If ARM builds can be containerized, I
can also look for resources inside Red Hat.

Paolo