qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC project: API Documentation Generation links and co

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC project: API Documentation Generation links and comments
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 21:56:34 +0100

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 21:52, John Snow <address@hidden> wrote:
> - For theming, I'm a fan of the RTD theme, because I think it makes the
> TOC tree stand out better and makes for nicer browsing than the default
> alabaster theme. Maybe when there's a better over-arching TOC laid out
> with better organization we could see which themes the list likes best.

FWIW, for the in-tree doc generation I opted for Alabaster
(though I prefer RTD's look as well) because Alabaster doesn't
require shipping any fonts, whereas RTD does, and it seemed
easier to sidestep any questions about whether a font file in the
docs was mere aggregation or not. For "putting docs up on the
website" this doesn't apply so much, I think. Awkwardly, the
two themes aren't completely drop-in replacements, though:
I found that some of the tweaks needed for stuff like the
sidebar to come out the way I wanted were theme-specific.

thanks
-- PMM