qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Cross-posted : Odd QXL/KVM performance i

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Cross-posted : Odd QXL/KVM performance issue with a Windows 7 Guest
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:54:36 +0800

On 9/9/19 11:22 pm, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:

Oh, hmm.
Sorry I don't know too much where to look then; you have any of:
   a) Windows
   b) guest graphics drivers
   c) spice server in qemu
and probalby some more.

So I think it's going to be a case of profiling on the two different
systems and see if you can spot anything in particular that stands out.

G'day Dave,

Thanks for the advice.

I ran qemu through Valgrind/callgrind and nothing excessive popped up. It looks like the issue might be in Windows, so I'm now trying to figure out how to profile inside the guest.

Suggestions as to how to profile the qxl driver while it's underway gratefully accepted. I'm working my way through the profiling tools in the Windows SDK & DDK but haven't made much headway.

Regards,
Brad