qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 0/4] POC: Generating realistic block errors

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/4] POC: Generating realistic block errors
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:25:06 +0100

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 02:48:43PM -0500, Tony Asleson wrote:
> I've recently been informed that blkdebug exists.

By the way, if error injection only needs to report media errors, then
the existing blkdebug feature should be sufficient to do this.

I think adding storage controller-specific error injection is only
really necessary for injection SCSI-, AHCI-, or NVMe-specific errors
that the QEMU block layer has no concept of.

So the question is: can blkdebug already do what you need? :)

Stefan