qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 59/68] aspeed: Add an AST2600 eval board

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 59/68] aspeed: Add an AST2600 eval board
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:55:39 +0100

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 18:43, Cédric Le Goater <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 15/10/2019 19:03, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 17:05, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > (armhf)pmaydell@mustang-maydell:~/qemu$
> > ./build/all-a32/arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -M ast2600-evb
> > qemu-system-arm: at most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated
> >
> > It's also a pretty rudely large amount of RAM to allocate
> > by default: it caused 'make check' to fail on my OSX
> > box, which is 64-bits but doesn't have huge swathes
> > of free RAM.
> >
> > I'm going to drop this patch from my queue and redo
> > the pullreq.
>
> ok. We do have such a board.
>
> What do you suggest ? We can lower the RAM to 1G for QEMU.

1GB is OK -- we have several machines that set default_ram_size to that.

If we want to handle more generally boards which have a
larger ram size by default then we probably need to
work on the 'make check' infrastructure -- right now we
have a generic test that just checks "can we instantiate
every machine model", which is what's falling over.

thanks
-- PMM