qemu-devel

Re: qemu/powernv: coreboot support?

From: David Gibson
Subject: Re: qemu/powernv: coreboot support?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 12:40:32 +1100

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 07:32:09PM -0500, Marty E. Plummer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 02:46:59PM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote:

> On that note, is qemu-ppc64 currently capable of running LE
> firmware?

Well.. "qemu-ppc64" as such isn't capable of running either LE or
firmware, since that's the Linux userspace emulator.
qemu-system-ppc64 *is* capable of running both LE and BE firmwares though.

Your firmware will, however, need a tiny BE shim to switch the cpu
into LE mode.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson