qemu-devel

SIGSEGV question (Hexagon)

From: Taylor Simpson
Subject: SIGSEGV question (Hexagon)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:59:26 +0000

Philippe suggested that I run the TCG tests for Hexagon.  Thanks Philippe!!

I discovered that I’m not handling SIGSEGV properly.  We pass other signal tests, but not this one.  I’m hoping someone can help.  The first thing that I realized is that I hadn’t provided a tlb_fill function for CPUClass.  What is this function supposed to do?  I looked at other targets and found they are setting cs->exception_index to something and then call cpu_loop_exit_restore.  I tried various values for exception_index, but the best I seem to get is re-executing the offending instruction forever.

Thanks,

Taylor

PS  The only other bug that these tests uncovered was that truncate isn’t implemented properly.  This was straightforward to fix.