qemu-devel

Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 16:44:34 +0100

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 11:07 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 05:19:28PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > You can now access the latest QEMU HTML documentation built from
> > qemu.git/master nightly at:
> >
> >   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-doc.html
> >   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-qmp-ref.html
> >   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-ga-ref.html
> >   ...as well as interop/ and specs/
> >
> > Feel free to link to the documentation from the QEMU website and/or
> > wiki!
>
> What's the reason for putting on wiki.qemu.org URL ? It feels like
> having it under www.qemu.org would be a more natural home, especially
> if we can then make it pick up the jekyll theme around the pages.
>
> Ideally we should publish the docs under versioned URL when we
> make a release. eg  /docs/latest/....  for current GIT master
> which I presume the above is tracking, and then a /docs/$VERSION/...
> for each major release we cut.
>
> That way users can get an accurate view of features in the QEMU
> they are actually using.

Versioned release docs should be generated during the release process.
I have CCed Mike Roth.  That way the docs are available as soon as the
release drops.  This container image only runs once a day and would
leave a window when users cannot access the docs yet.

Moving from wiki.qemu.org should be possible.  How does the jekyll
theme you mentioned work?

Stefan