qemu-devel

Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 12:51:01 +0000

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:05:32AM -0500, G 3 wrote:
> > You can now access the latest QEMU HTML documentation built from
>
> https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-doc.html
> <snip>
>
> This is a welcome start. Could we add version support to the URL?
>
> What I mean is add the version number to the path of the URL.
> Like this:
> https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/4.2/qemu-doc.html
>
> This way users of older versions of QEMU can still access documentation
> relevant to his or her version.

The current setup only builds qemu.git/master.  The final URL is now:

  https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/qemu-doc.html

Mike Roth could add something to the release process that publishes
versioned HTML documentation.

There probably won't be much activity around this until after QEMU 4.2
has been released.  My patches haven't been reviewed/merged because of
the code freeze.

Stefan