qemu-devel

RE: [RFC 2/2] pci-expender-bus:Add pcie-root-port to pxb-pcie under arm.

From: miaoyubo
Subject: RE: [RFC 2/2] pci-expender-bus:Add pcie-root-port to pxb-pcie under arm.
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 08:59:28 +0000

Thanks for replying. Currently, on x86_64, pxb-pcie devices is presented in
acpi tables but on arm, It is not, only one main host bridge is presented for
arm in acpi dsdt tables. That's why pxb-pcie works on x86_64 but doesn't work
on arm. The patch 1/2 do the work to present and allocate resources for
pxb-pcie in arm.
For x86_64, if one device is going to be plugged into pxb-pcie, one extra
pcie-root-port or pci-bridge have to be defined and plugged on pxb-pcie, then
the device is plugged on the pcie-root-port or pci-bridge.
This patch 2/2 just auto defined one pcie-root-port for arm. If this patch
abandoned, the usage of pxb-pcie would be the same with x86_64, therefore, to
keep the same step for x86 and arm, this patch 2/2 could be abandonded.

> Regards,
> Daniel
> --
> |: https://berrange.com      -o-