qemu-devel

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PATCH] WHPX: TSC get and set should be dependent on V

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: PATCH] WHPX: TSC get and set should be dependent on VM state
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 23:47:28 +0100

On 04/03/20 23:44, Sunil Muthuswamy wrote:
>> You don't need the "git config --local commit.gpgsign true" command, but
>> you will then create a signed tag with
>>
>>      git tag -s -f qemu-for-upstream
>>      # let's say "mirror" is your github repo
>>      git push mirror +tags/for-upstream
>>
>> and send it to Peter.  I really think we should document this final step
>> ("send it to Peter") better in the wiki, because the git tools for
>> sending pull requests leave a lot to be desired.
>
> Thanks. Ok, I am setup with GPG. Where should I be sending the pull requests
> to? Who is "Peter"? Do I have to send it to you?

Peter is Peter Maydell, but for now you can send them to me.  I'll get
round to documenting the remaining steps.

Unfortunately all the scripts I have for this use the Unix shell, but
they are just a few lines so I might try to rewrite them in Python.
This way you can use them from Windows without needing to bring up WSL
or anything like that.

Paolo