qemu-devel

Re: Questions about pollute the mail list archives

From: LIU Zhiwei
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 06:52:37 +0800

On 2020/3/11 11:46, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 3/10/20 7:19 PM, LIU Zhiwei wrote:
Is it serious?
It isn't ideal.  I would eventually try to review via your branch, and find a
copy of the patch to reply, or send a reply to the cover letter if no copy of
the patch arrived.

Is there any way to clear it in the mail list archives?
No.

Can I send it again to the mail list?
Yes.

To avoid confusion I would label it v4, even if there are no changes since v3.

I would recommend using the --batch-size and --relogin-delay options to
git-send-email.  I don't know exactly what parameters you need, but choosing
small batches and long-ish delays should mean that the whole patch set trickles
out over the course of an hour or two.  Patience is something that computers
are good at.  :-)
Hi Richard,

Thanks very much.
The two parameters really works. After  setting --batch-size to 1, and --relogin-delay to 120,
I sent the complete 60 patches(two hours).

Now I label it with v5, as v4 also failed to be complete.

Besides,  I  fix up a bug in v5, therefore it can boot Linux patches now.

Best Regards,
Zhiwei

r~