qemu-devel

Re: [PULL for-5.0 00/10] tcg patch queue

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [PULL for-5.0 00/10] tcg patch queue
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:53:35 +0100

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 04:54, Richard Henderson
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> My tcg patch queue, plus one mips patch on request of Aleksander.
>>

>> r~
>>

>> The following changes since commit 5acad5bf480321f178866dc28e38eeda5a3f19bb:
>>
>>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/jnsnow/tags/ide-pull-request' into
>> staging (2020-03-28 00:27:04 +0000)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>>   https://github.com/rth7680/qemu.git tags/pull-tcg-20200330
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to b412378785c1bd95e3461c1373dd8938bc54fb4e:
>>
>>   decodetree: Use Python3 floor division operator (2020-03-30 11:44:04 -0700)

>> Improve PIE and other linkage
>> Fix for decodetree vs Python3 floor division operator
>> Fix i386 INDEX_op_dup2_vec expansion
>> Fix loongson multimedia condition instructions
>
> NB: something in your workflow is leaving the '---' and the following
> v1/v2 changes info in the commit messages in pull requests. We usually
> prefer to strip those out.

FWIW I used to have a script that reminded me if they were in and
triggered a clean-up re-base. As people on list have mentioned the
usefulness of maintaining a Message-Id I have now changed my process to
always build a PR by applying messages from the list which

  a) applies a Message-Id
  b) strips version history

The one thing I have to watch out for is if I've started applying tags
to a branch - so now I only do that once I've made the decision to
either rev a branch or create a PR.

--
Alex Bennée