qemu-devel

Re: Function-like macro with the same name as a typedef confuses Coccine

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Function-like macro with the same name as a typedef confuses Coccinelle
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 08:47:32 -0500

On 4/7/20 6:58 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> writes:

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 13:06, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:

I discovered that Vladimir's auto-propagated-errp.cocci leaves
hw/arm/armsse.c unchanged, even though it clearly should change it.
Running spatch with --debug prints (among lots of other things)

Clearly, Coccinelle is getting spooked to easily.

Is it worth asking on the coccinelle mailing list about whether
coccinelle could be made to be less picky in this area ?

I guess we owe them the feedback.  I'll look into minimizing the
reproducer.

https://systeme.lip6.fr/pipermail/cocci/2020-April/007097.html

Wow - firefox refused to connect to that site until I downgraded to permitting TLS 1.1. We should also tell them about their configuration bug in not supporting TLS 1.2 for their archives.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226