qemu-devel

Re: Onboard audio devices and -audiodev none

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Onboard audio devices and -audiodev none
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 09:14:29 +0200

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 06:59:01AM +0200, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 09:06:20AM +0200, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> >> Watch this:
> >>
> >>     $ aarch64-softmmu/qemu-system-aarch64 -S -nodefaults -accel qtest
> >> -display none -M vexpress-a15 -audiodev none,id=foo
> >>     audio: Device lm4549: audiodev default parameter is deprecated, please
> >> specify audiodev=foo
> >>
> >> I did, didn't I?
> >
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/patch/address@hidden/
>
> I don't immediately understand how that addresses my issue, but I trust
> it does :)

Well, not the patch itself, it handles pcspk only.  But we could use the
same naming convention for all other onboard audio devices too:  Have
them try lookup a "onboard" audio backend and use that if it exists.
Don't initialize if not.

Not fully sure this is a good plan, thats why the patch is tagged 'RfC'.
Better idea are welcome.  In the blockdev world floppy has a similar
problem, is there any way to link floppy and blockdev without -global
isa-fdc.driveA=... meanwhile?

cheers,
  Gerd