qemu-devel

Re: 5.1 proposed schedule

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: 5.1 proposed schedule
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 11:52:39 +0100

On Sat, 30 May 2020 at 09:03, Aleksandar Markovic
<aleksandar.m.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like "Tuesdays" concept. It worked very well for me as a
> submaintainer. I don't
> know its origin, but it works, bringing some degree of order and
> predictability, and at the
> same seemingly not imposing larger than necessary burden, and the end-of-week
> rush.

Yeah, it's just a pattern I've adopted because it seems to work -- the
first and last
days in the week didn't seem like a good idea because Monday wouldn't
give us any
time to try to investigate or fix something that came up over the weekend, and I
definitely didn't want to be trying to get tags or releases out last
thing on Friday
(it doesn't give us useful room to slip a tag by a day or so if
necessary). And I
don't work Wednesdays, so Tuesday is a natural choice.

thanks
-- PMM