qemu-devel

Re: Overriding PCI Vendor/Device IDs

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: Overriding PCI Vendor/Device IDs
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 16:02:53 +0100

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 09:31:30AM +0200, Antonio Raffaele wrote:
> Hi I'm trying to create a qemu virtual machine that runs windows 10. I
> would like to try to make it almost indistinguishable from a real computer
> (I know it's impossible, but at least I get close). I have already changed
> any suspicious identifiers (smbios, hard disk, card network and so on,
> host-passthroug cpu etc.) But now checking the various components that the
> guest computer recognizes, I realized (through the hwinfo64 program) that
> in the bus section, then pcibus there are devices called "Red Hat , Device
> ID "and with the same devicename, as device class have:" PCI-to-PCI Bridge
> ". Is there a way to change the devicename of these virtual compontents
> (maybe even changing the qemu source)?

As far as I know there is no command-line parameter for overriding PCI
Vendor/Device IDs.

If you are able to modify the QEMU source code you can change the
PCIDeviceClass fields. For example, in hw/pci-bridge/pci_bridge_dev.c:

  k->vendor_id = PCI_VENDOR_ID_REDHAT;
  k->device_id = PCI_DEVICE_ID_REDHAT_BRIDGE;

Stefan