qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/43] Block layer patches

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/43] Block layer patches
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 12:39:27 +0200

Am 25.06.2020 um 10:39 hat Klaus Jensen geschrieben:
> On Jun 18 15:30, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 15:49, Kevin Wolf <kwolf@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The following changes since commit
> > > 5c24bce3056ff209a1ecc50ff4b7e65b85ad8e74:
> > >
> > >   Merge remote-tracking branch
> > > 'remotes/stsquad/tags/pull-testing-and-plugin-160620-2' into staging
> > > (2020-06-16 14:57:15 +0100)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-upstream
> > >
> > > for you to fetch changes up to 3419ec713f04c323b030e0763459435335b25476:
> > >
> > >   iotests: Add copyright line in qcow2.py (2020-06-17 16:21:21 +0200)

> > > Block layer patches:
> > >
> > > - enhance handling of size-related BlockConf properties
> > > - nvme: small fixes, refactoring and cleanups
> > > - virtio-blk: On restart, process queued requests in the proper context
> > > - icount: make dma reads deterministic
> > > - iotests: Some fixes for rarely run cases
> > > - .gitignore: Ignore storage-daemon files
> > > - Minor code cleanups

> > Applied, thanks.
> >
> > Please update the changelog at https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/5.1
> > for any user-visible changes.
> >

> Kevin, can you add soemthing like the following to the changelog under
> "Block devices"?
>
> Emulated NVMe device (hw/block/nvme):
>
>   * Add the max_ioqpairs device parameter. The parameter specifies the
>     maximum number of supported I/O queue pairs and should be used
>     instead of the num_queues parameter. num_queues is not formally
>     deprecated, but the device will issue a warning if used. If neither
>     num_queues or max_ioqpairs are specified, device behavior is
>     unchanged from the previous default.
>
>   * Add the msix_qsize parameter. The parameter specifies the maximum
>     number of msix interrupt vectors supported by the device. If not
>     specified, device behavior is unchanged from the previous default.

Sure, I've added this.

If you want to have a wiki account so that you can edit the page
yourself in the future, let me (or anyone else with a wiki account) know
your preferred user name and we can create an account for you. Access is
not supposed to be a privileged thing, we just require manual
registration through an existing account to avoid spam.

Kevin