qemu-devel

Re: Failure prints during format or mounting a usb storage device

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Failure prints during format or mounting a usb storage device
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 12:29:58 +0200

  Hi,

> IIRC, without the dev-storage patch, the very first SCSI command
> would get stuck waiting for the CSW, because the CSW is not a
> multiple of MPS. I will have to work on getting a debug trace for
> you, I'll get back to you with that.

Hmm, dev-storage should be fine with the packet being larger than
needed.  It'll actually do a short transfer then.  So I suspect the
patch just papers over the underlying issue.

Can you post a trace of this?

(dev-storage has no trace support, so I think tracing usb_dwc2* to
 stderr and enable DEBUG_MSD in dev-storage.c works best)

take care,
  Gerd