qemu-devel

Re: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructure to GitLab

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Migrating custom qemu.org infrastructure to GitLab
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:39:10 +0200

On 7/10/20 4:04 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> On 7/8/20 11:52 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
>>
>> There is a snowball effect where the experience is improved the more
>> GitLab features we use, so I hope that most of these migrations will
>> be possible.
>
> I've been looking at other features we might be interested in.
[...]

> 7/ License Compliance
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/compliance/license_compliance/

WRT IRC feedback QEMU licensing is a lost cause, I can not tell,
but I think if GitLab has scripts to take care of it, it is an
improvement over what we have now:

  a) Users will have a clearer idea of the permitted licenses

  b) New contributions will be checked for correct license by
     a machine, so reviewer can focus on other topics.