qemu-devel

Re: Adding VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIG_MEM_SLOTS to 5.1 release notes

From: Raphael Norwitz
Subject: Re: Adding VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIG_MEM_SLOTS to 5.1 release notes
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 21:17:27 -0600

How about something like:
"A new feature, VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIGURE_MEM_SLOTS, has been
added to the vhost-user protocol which, when negotiated, changes the
way QEMU transmit memory regions to backend devices. Instead of
sending all regions in a single VHOST_USER_SET_MEM_TABLE message, QEMU
will send supporting backends individual VHOST_USER_ADD_MEM_REG and
VHOST_USER_REM_MEM_REG messages to update the devices memory tables.
VMs with vhost-user device backends which support this feature will
not be subject to the max RAM slots limit of 8 and will be able to
hot-add memory as many times as the target platform supports. Backends
which do not support VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIGURE_MEM_SLOTS are
unaffected."

I don't have permission to edit the wiki. How can I get permission? Or
can someone post it for me?