qemu-devel

Re: Adding VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIG_MEM_SLOTS to 5.1 release notes

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: Adding VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIG_MEM_SLOTS to 5.1 release notes
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 01:50:29 -0400

A bit verbose. I shortened it to

A new feature, VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIGURE_MEM_SLOTS, has been
added to the vhost-user protocol.
VMs with vhost-user device backends which support this feature will
not be subject to the current max RAM slots limit of 8 and will be able to
hot-add memory as many times as the target platform supports.

Peter, can you pls allow Raphael wiki access? I don't remember how it's done ...