[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Bug 1884684] Re: QEMU 5.0: Guest VM hangs/freeze when unplugging USB de
[Bug 1884684] Re: QEMU 5.0: Guest VM hangs/freeze when unplugging USB device
Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:23:57 -0000
Link to bug on the proxmox side:
** Bug watch added: bugzilla.proxmox.com/ #2781
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.
QEMU 5.0: Guest VM hangs/freeze when unplugging USB device
Status in QEMU:
Host: Debian/SID, Kernel 5.6, QEMU 5.0
Guest: Windows 10 VM with PCI and USB device passthrough.
Problem: Guest VM suddenly hangs when pulling USB device out from the
- Issue appears to be related to QEMU 5.0
- It started after an upgrade to QEMU 5.0.
- Downgrading only QEMU on multiple systems fixes the issue.
- Issue is very reproducible.
- Most of the time within a few attempts of pulling/reconnecting the
- Issue happens with multiple devices (I did try standard HID devices, a
webcam and an x-ray sensor).
- Guest just hangs.
- Display output remains on last frame shown.
- Ping to Guest immediately stops working.
- Logs in the Guest stop logging immediately.
- Host is fine and thinks the Guest is fine.
- Guest continues to show as running in "virsh list".
- No suspicious entries in the QEMU logs.
- No suspicious entries in Host syslogs/messages.
- Host can can kill guest "virsh destroy" and respawn fine.
- Issue seems widespread.
- Multiple similar reports from ProxMox users after upgrade to ProxMox 6.2
for both Windows and Linux guests (First version that uses QEMU 5.0)
I'd be more than happy any debugs that might be helpful.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
- [Bug 1884684] Re: QEMU 5.0: Guest VM hangs/freeze when unplugging USB device,