qemu-devel

How to access structure elements of another Qdev device

From: Anirudha Kurhade
Subject: How to access structure elements of another Qdev device
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:10:00 +0530

Hello,

I have two qdev devices: controlDev and uart. Both these devices have an MMIO and corresponding .read and .write callback functions. The enableBit for uart is located in the controlDev device, so I need to check the enable bit before I write anything from the uart tx function.

However, I am not able to figure out how to access the enableBit, which is a structure element of the controlDev. Will you please help me understand how to access elements of another qdev (controlDev) device which is attached to the same parent bus (i.e. SysBus) from the qdev device within current scope (uart).

Thanks and Regards,
Anirudha