qemu-devel

Re: meson: how to determine which directory applies to the c_args during

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: meson: how to determine which directory applies to the c_args during build?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 07:28:17 +0200

Il gio 3 set 2020, 06:43 Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> ha scritto:
It seems to me that when building hw/char directory NEED_CPU_H is not
defined. However when building hw/riscv and hw/intc NEED_CPU_H is
defined. I have no clue where to control c_args to build sub-directories. Any suggestions?

Hi!

The common_ss sourceset (and most others: block_ss, softmmu_ss, etc.) will not have NEED_CPU_H; only specific_ss will, in addition to the entire directories hw/riscv and target/riscv.

In other words, specific_ss is equivalent to the old obj-y Makefile variable.

Thanks,

Paolo