qemu-devel

About 'qemu-security' mailing list

From: P J P
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 19:50:24 +0530 (IST)

  Hello all,

Recently while conversing with DanPB this point came up

   -> https://www.qemu.org/contribute/security-process/

* Currently QEMU security team is a handful of individual contacts which
  restricts community participation in dealing with these issues.

* The Onus also lies with the individuals to inform the community about QEMU
  security issues, as they come in.

Proposal: (to address above limitations)
=========

* We set up a new 'qemu-security' mailing list.

* QEMU security issues are reported to this new list only.

* Representatives from various communities subscribe to this list. (List maybe
  moderated in the beginning.)

* As QEMU issues come in, participants on the 'qemu-security' list shall
  discuss and decide about how to triage them further.

Please kindly let us know your views about it. I'd appreciate if you have any suggestions/inputs/comments about the same.

Thank you.
--
Prasad J Pandit / Red Hat Product Security Team
8685 545E B54C 486B C6EB 271E E285 8B5A F050 DE8D