[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v8 11/27] meson: Use -b to ignore CR vs. CR-LF issues on Wind
Re: [PATCH v8 11/27] meson: Use -b to ignore CR vs. CR-LF issues on Windows
Mon, 14 Sep 2020 23:20:52 +0800
On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 19:51, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 9/13/20 6:01 PM, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 11:35 PM Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
> > <firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>> wrote:
> > On 9/13/20 12:44 AM, Yonggang Luo wrote:
> > > On windows, a difference in line endings causes testsuite failures
> > > complaining that every single line in files such as
> > > 'tests/qapi-schemadoc-good.texi' is wrong. Fix it by adding -b to
> > diff.
> > Isn't '--strip-trailing-cr' more adapted?
> > er, I did that before.....
> So, yes/no? We can not follow all patches, so better if you
> add a note about your changes, either in the patch description
> if you think it's worthwhile keeping that information in the
> git history, else below the '---' separator, so that information
> is stripped from the patch when applying.
> Looking at the archive I see Thomas said this option is not
> POSIX thus not portable.
> What about adding this?
> "Ideally we would use the '--strip-trailing-cr' option, but not
> being POSIX is a portability problem (i.e. BSDs and Solaris
> based OSes). Instead use the '-b' option which, although doing
> slightly more, produce the expected result on Windows."
The other important point to note here is that because
texi output is mostly not case-sensitive, we are not
losing important test coverage by not checking for exact
whitespace matches between the known-good output and
the generated output. If we were checking the doc-good.out
text file, -b would be bad because there whitespace is
important and is part of what we need to be checking.
(Also the texi stuff is going to go away soon I hope :-))
So continue with -b are accepted? or I just diable it on win32?
[PATCH v8 10/27] osdep: file locking functions are not available on Win32, Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
[PATCH v8 09/27] tests: test-replication disable /replication/secondary/* on msys2/mingw., Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
[PATCH v8 08/27] tests: Fixes test-replication.c on msys2/mingw., Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
[PATCH v8 12/27] gcrypt: test_tls_psk_init should write binary file instead text file., Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
[PATCH v8 13/27] tests: Enable crypto tests under msys2/mingw, Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- Re: [PATCH v8 03/27] ci: fixes msys2 build by upgrading capstone to 4.0.2, (continued)
- [PATCH v8 04/27] configure: Fixes ncursesw detection under msys2/mingw and enable curses, Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- [PATCH v8 05/27] win32: Simplify gmtime_r detection direct base on _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS., Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- [PATCH v8 06/27] curses: Fixes curses compiling errors., Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- [PATCH v8 07/27] tests: disable /char/stdio/* tests in test-char.c on win32, Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- [PATCH v8 11/27] meson: Use -b to ignore CR vs. CR-LF issues on Windows, Yonggang Luo, 2020/09/12
- Re: [PATCH v8 11/27] meson: Use -b to ignore CR vs. CR-LF issues on Windows, Eric Blake, 2020/09/14