qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v2 00/22] Build system + misc changes for 2020-10-16

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 00/22] Build system + misc changes for 2020-10-16
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 17:37:01 +0200

On 17/10/20 16:39, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 14:38, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
>> OpenBSD and NetBSD call the ninja package "ninja-build" unlike FreeBSD.
>>  I'm sure I had used the right name but well I didn't.  I'll send a v3.
>
> OpenBSD built OK but meson produces this new warning:
>
> Library iconv found: NO
> ../src/meson.build:531: WARNING: iconv required for curses UI but not
> available, disabling

Hrm, the curses test was not plainly converted from shell to meson (guys
please do *one* thing per patch, things are already complex enough!);
and it is messed up in more ways than I had first noticed (of which the
most blatant is using /usr/include/ncursesw as a library path).  I'll
fix everything up and resend this pull request when I'm done.

I'm not sure if that will remove the warning or not, but I'll check (and
if it does remain, it'll be of the "useful" kind which documents some
unexpected dependency between options).

Paolo