[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v7 04/11] hw/block/nvme: Support allocated CNS command varian
Re: [PATCH v7 04/11] hw/block/nvme: Support allocated CNS command variants
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:07:55 -0700
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:17:19AM +0900, Dmitry Fomichev wrote:
> Add a new Boolean namespace property, "attached", to provide the most
> basic namespace attachment support. The default value for this new
> property is true. Also, implement the logic in the new CNS values to
> include/exclude namespaces based on this new property. The only thing
> missing is hooking up the actual Namespace Attachment command opcode,
> which will allow a user to toggle the "attached" flag per namespace.
> The reason for not hooking up this command completely is because the
> NVMe specification requires the namespace management command to be
> supported if the namespace attachment command is supported.
Huh, the spec does require that, and that seems like an odd requirement
since it prevents dynamic namespace attach states in a static namespace
setup. I'm not sure why the spec assumes those two things go together,
but it sure enough does!
The implementation looks fine.
Reviewed-by: Keith Busch <email@example.com>
- Re: [PATCH v7 01/11] hw/block/nvme: Add Commands Supported and Effects log, (continued)
- [PATCH v7 02/11] hw/block/nvme: Generate namespace UUIDs, Dmitry Fomichev, 2020/10/18
- [PATCH v7 03/11] hw/block/nvme: Add support for Namespace Types, Dmitry Fomichev, 2020/10/18
- [PATCH v7 04/11] hw/block/nvme: Support allocated CNS command variants, Dmitry Fomichev, 2020/10/18
- [PATCH v7 05/11] hw/block/nvme: Support Zoned Namespace Command Set, Dmitry Fomichev, 2020/10/18
- [PATCH v7 07/11] hw/block/nvme: Support Zone Descriptor Extensions, Dmitry Fomichev, 2020/10/18