qemu-devel

Re: Tips for debugging GPU acceleration.

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: Tips for debugging GPU acceleration.
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:52:17 +0100

Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> writes:

>   Hi,
>
>>   [    2.930300] [drm] virgl 3d acceleration not supported by host
>
> Nope, not active.
>
>>     -display gtk,show-cursor=on \
>
> Needs -display gtk,gl=on for opengl support.

Awesome - even on TCG the display is now nice and snappy.

For bonus points:

The AGL panel display is rotated 90 degrees which is putting a bit of a
crink in my neck. Is their anyway to rotate the view port. I tried
inverting xres and yres but that didn't do anything.

>>     -device virtio-gpu-pci,virgl=true
>
> virgl is silently turned off in case opengl support is not available.
> Ideally virgl should be OnOffAuto not bool, but I fear changing that
> now (and start throwing errors on virgl=on if opengl is not available)
> will break stuff ...

At least a warn_report maybe?

--
Alex Bennée