qemu-devel

Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:55:58 +0100

On 29/10/2020 18.12, John Snow wrote:
> On 10/29/20 12:49 PM, Alistair Francis wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 9:41 AM Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> <cleared the cc: list except for qemu-devel :)>

>>> The gitlab issue tracker is almost certainly is an improvement over
>>> launchpad (and I do have a gitlab account); but not being able to
>>> interact via email is at least annoying. I expect that not only
>>> maintainers will want to interact with bug reports?

>>> You mean that I can update via email, provided it's an address
>>> associated with my account?

>> I'm not sure if you want Acks, but it sounds good to me.
>>
>> Alistair
>>

> Mostly I was looking for any hard objections over the idea of issues not
> necessarily being sent to the list anymore, if there were any.
>
> I want to hear from Thomas Huth too, but maybe we can work out a pilot
> migration and give it a test-run and find more concrete objections that way.

I'd certainly give it a try! Launchpad is IMHO really a pain (let me know if
I should elaborate on that topic again...), and the email bridge is often
also not working correctly (replies to bug mails sometimes get put into the
bug tracker, sometimes not), so this is not something I would really miss
when we quite Launchpad.

So could somebody please enable the issue tracker there, so we can give it a
try? Phil? Alex? Stefan? ...?

If it works well, I can certainly help to get the links etc. in our website
fixed.

 Thomas