qemu-devel

Re: [Question] Fuzz: No rule to make target 'i386-softmmu/fuzz'

From: Alexander Bulekov
Subject: Re: [Question] Fuzz: No rule to make target 'i386-softmmu/fuzz'
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 08:20:31 -0500

On 201106 2104, liqiuhao727 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to QEMU and trying to build the virtual-device fuzzer
> according to qemu/docs/devel/fuzzing.txt, which says:
>
> ---
> Configure with (substitute the clang binaries with the version you
> installed).
>     CC=clang-8 CXX=clang++-8 /path/to/configure --enable-fuzzing \
>                                                 --enable-sanitizers
> Fuzz targets are built similarly to system/softmmu:

Ah, these instructions went out of date when QEMU switched to meson.
I'll send a patch to update them.

>     make i386-softmmu/fuzz
> This builds ./i386-softmmu/qemu-fuzz-i386

This should be:
make qemu-fuzz-i386

It looks like you are running these commands from the root qemu
directory, so the resulting binary should be
./build/qemu-fuzz-i386

There are a couple fixes to the fuzzers that should be applied soon, so
it might be a good idea to grab updated sources soon. They are part of
this pull-req:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-11/msg01142.html

-Alex